Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 18th 2011

I know it has been over a week since I have wrote.  There are so many things going on, that it is tough to get on here and tell what has been happening. 

Here are a few things that have happened since my last post and/or response to questions we had.

-My plumbing is fixed on the house.  We can now setup the sprinkler and refill squirt guns (when it decides to get warmer and not raining).

-Our social worker came out and we chatted about certain things for about an hour.  Akvila was really shy around her at first, but then she started to open up.  Not really talking, but showing pictures and arts stuff that she has done with momma.

- Our couch for the basement has not arrived yet.  We should be receiving it on Tuesday... I hate paying for something and having to wait.  Ughhhhhh... If I pay I should GET NOW!  :-)

- The Shower/Welcome home party was very fun; thanks to all at Peggy's work who gave gifts and arranged the party.  Akvila was VERY shy and didn't want to go into the conference room.  Peggy basically had to carry her.  She was not interested in opening gifts, but after the shower was over and most people went back to work she started to open up a little more.  I think with all of the people at first was a little overwelming.

As for things happening around the house, it has been improving.  Akvila is sleeping in her own bed (not alone though).  We are trying to get her used to her room and her new bed.  I have been sleeping in the guest room.  She wanted me to be close too.  When she gets up in the morning she comes into my room (with momma) and lies in bed with me or sometimes she will tickle my feet to wake me up.  After that we have breakfast, and she knows me and momma gotta have our coffee.  Lately she asks if we are going to "zoom zoom", which means go for a drive.  We have our little Lithuanian that we know; hand signals (example: from Monsters Inc. "you go 2 sleep") and some different mouth noises she understands to try and help with the communicating.  She is starting to say some english words.  "Yucky, stinky, bye, excuse me (even though she uses it in the wrong context)" and a few more little words.  We have been trying to get her to try some different foods besides hot dogs.  For instance today we went to a Oriental Buffett.  We know they have some american type food she would like, but we wanted to see if she would like anything different.  She didn't mind the crab ragoon, but she didn't like the lo mein noodles or the spring roll.  But she did eat a piece of grilled chicken and corn.  When it came to dessert, she LOVED the banana pudding with banana slices and wafers (I know this has a name, but can't think of it).

Today we went to the eye doctor.  Peggy went first to get her used to the idea of what was going to happen.  She did pretty well.  Since she doesn't know her alphabet too well, the Doctor used the "E's" that pointed in the different directions.  The good news is the Doctor believes she does not need glasses as they had thought in Lithuania.  Of course this might change once she learns more english.  We all had our eyes dialated too.  I really hate that.  She refused to wear her sunglasses afterwards, so she kept shielding her eyes. 

While at the Eye Doctor, one of the staff thought that one of the daycare workers near by was from Lithuania.  We are going to get Akvila in daycare before she starts school in the fall.  So we headed over to this place; find out it is cheaper and the Director (who is from Albania, not Lithuania) is going to reduce the price a little more too.  We liked the place and will probably take Akvila there.  Now while there the kids were in there nap time/rest time, and Akvila looked a little worried.  We looked around the crafting area and then walked outside to the playground.  While Peggy and Akvila played I spoke with the director.  I told her that when we walked in Akvila looked scared and that maybe she thought this was an orphanage.  Which I would have thought too; kids sleeping on the mats, the smell of food in the air and the play area all in one room.  The Director invited us to there Easter Egg hunt on Thursday.  To get to meet some of the kids and for us to maybe meet some parents.

Once finished there we headed over to the "Big" school.  We went to enroll Akvila into Kindergarten and to meet her teacher and the ESL Instructor.  All Akvila could do was just look around in awe.  She didn't speak much and once again she was shy.  We walked down to the Kindergarten classroom (in this school they have 5 Kindergarten Classes) and met with the teacher.  We looked around the classroom and then we were done.

Once we came home Peggy and Akvila made some Easter stuff to put up on the window.  Afterwards we got in the hot tub for a little bit (she doesn't like the bubbles and always wants them turned off).  Then we  did some dishes and had some dinner and then watched Lilo and Stitch (yeah no Shrek!).  Akvila wanted me to shave again, so she watched.  Now it was time for bed.

After Akvila fell asleep Peggy came and told me they talked about the daycare school and regular school.  She asked Peggy, do I spend the night there?  Do I eat there?  How long do I stay there?  She was ok with the answers Peg gave.  She also told Peggy that she loved her and also loved daddy.  Today she actually let me hold her and she would also sit in my lap.  She also gave me some hugs and kisses with not a lot of fret.

On Wednesday of this week Peggy will be taking Akvila to the dentist.  Just for a check up.  I don't think there will be too many problems there.  She brushes her teeth at least twice a day and makes sure momma and daddy are too.

I never know how to close these blogs; so goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment